Monday, July 25, 2011

Aubrianna Dunn places 2nd in the Playstation Nigh Slopestyle Contest!

Hello Everybody,

I am down under learning all about the Australian style! It has been snowing on and off for the past 15 days and the resort is busy. The snow is definitely different down here, wet and heavy. They have been pushing around snow and making the features/jump lines top notch. I am so stoked to be down here. The half pipe s
hould be done in the next few weeks. It has rained/snowed the past 7 days, so I’m hoping the snow conditions continue to hold up. The locals have been telling me this has been a record-breaking snowfall. Apparently it doesn’t snow this much very often, especially this early in the season. It just keeps getting better!

This weekend I competed in the Play Station Night Slopestyle contest at Front Valley at Perisher Ski Resort. The weather conditions where perfect through out the competition. The lights here are not the best but we were still able to see.. They groomed the park hard, fast, and furious making for some excellent conditions.

The park was set up just right! We had a few options with two down rails, a cannon box jump, a 35 ft jump, 45 ft jump, and the money booter at 55 feet. I stomped both my runs and was able to finish second place out of 10 girls. I was intimidated during practice, all the girls where throwing down hard. I thought I needed to step up my run but thought if I stomp my stock tricks, add some style, I would finish in the top five. Sure enough I was able to walk away with the silver in the women’s open class. The contest consists of a three event series. I am sitting second in points and looking forward to the next event. The next Play Station Night Slop Style event is August 20th at Front Valley, which gives me 4 weeks to step up my game. I will be sure to keep you all posted.

I would like to give a shout-out to Thug Krew, S4 Optics and Tyrant Snowboards, and my coach Stevie B for all their support in helping me pursue my passion. Thanks for taking a moment to check out what I have been up to down under. For now “ooroo” - the OZ way of saying “see ya”!

-Aubriana Dunn












No comments:

Post a Comment